Avis breakdown assistance
You're not aloneEveryone who hires a vehicle from Avis receives a basic level of roadside assistance to help in their time of need.
We also offer a supplementary Roadside Assistance Plus service, taking care of mishaps like flat batteries and locked-in keys.
In the unlikely event that you experience any difficulties, we'll get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
Avis Roadside Assistance Plus
In addition to the standard breakdown assistance included with your rental, our Roadside Assistance Plus service covers any non-mechanical issue you may face.
All for just £5 a day.
- Tyre assistance. We will replace a flat or damaged tyre with the spare or provide a tow to the nearest service facility (there will be an additional charge for replacement tyres, unless you have also purchased a package with zero excess reduction on vehicle and tyre damage).
- Flat battery. If your vehicle experiences battery failure, we will give you a jump start.
- Lock out Service. We’ll help you gain entry when keys are locked inside the vehicle.
- Fuel delivery. If you run out of fuel, we will deliver fuel to your location to get you on your way (fuel charges will apply).
What if I have an accident?
- Call the breakdown assistance number – listed here.
- If necessary, immediately contact the police in case of third party liability and/or the emergency services if anyone is injured.
- Remember not to leave the vehicle without ensuring it is secure.
- Write down names and addresses of everyone involved and any witnesses; never admit liability.
- Fill in the accident form included in your rental papers.
- Please do not have the car repaired without our prior and formal approval.
What happens if I break down or need help on the road?
In the UK - Avis provides free 24-hour roadside assistance for your hire car anywhere in the UK. Just call the free phone number provided on your rental document - listed here.
Outside the UK - Please check with the staff at the rental station to confirm the breakdown or accident assistance available.
The small print
- Avis Roadside Assistance Plus costs from £5 per day (to a maximum charge of 10 days). To sign up, speak to your Avis agent when collecting your vehicle.
- Prices quoted are for rentals picked up from "Standard" locations. Rentals from "Premium" locations will be higher. Please check the prices during the booking process.
- The basic level of roadside assistance outlined above applies to rentals collected across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with the exception of Denmark and Oman (outside of the capital Muscat).
- Avis works with leading motorist assistance firms. You'll receive local a toll-free number when you pick up your car.